Those that know me well know that my favourite social media platform is LinkedIn, so I was pleased to see that late last week the professional social media giant finally launched LinkedIn Stories! Designed to bring professionals together, LinkedIn Stories aims to share more real-time information as well as encourage more business professionals to help one another through sharing ideas, experiences and expertise.
It is worth mentioning though that you can only post a story from the LinkedIn mobile app, so if you haven’t already downloaded the app then what are you waiting for!?
Some of the important features that I would like to point out are:
- You can create a story both on your personal profile as well as on your LinkedIn business page.
- As with stories on both Facebook and Instagram, stories on LinkedIn only last 24 hours.
- You can share photos or videos up to 20 seconds. You can opt to use media already on your phone or create content using your mobile phone camera.
- Using stickers, adding text and asking your audience questions in your stories can be done. Simply overlay the additional content onto your images and videos and press the publish button once you are done.
- It offers you the opportunity to send the story in a message to particular contacts and followers.
- You can see who has seen your stories.
Social media marketing channels are vastly different from one another in terms of their audience profile, therefore it is crucial that you create professional, creative and unique content on LinkedIn Stories which will showcase you and your brand in the best light.
Have you tried LinkedIn Stories yet? I’d love to hear what you think about it. Comment below. If you are struggling with your LinkedIn account, then please get in touch and we’ll arrange a virtual meet-up over a cuppa. Alternatively, connect with me on LinkedIn here.